Dog owners are responsible for registering dogs that reside in Groton with the Town Clerk each year between January 1 and February 28, as required by Mass General Law Chapter 140: Section 137.
View the FEE SCHEDULE for current dog registration fees.
Dog registration may be done in one of three ways:
- Mail: Mail this downloadable form, with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check made payable to "Town of Groton" to the Town Clerk's Office (173 Main Street). The dog license will be sent by mail.
- In Person: Stop by the Town Clerk's office during regular business hours. A dog tag will be issued while you wait. View our office hours.
- On-Line: Dog owners can access the online payment system by accessing here. Pick the appropriate dog registration from the Activity drop down.
When using on-line registration, you will be asked for your dog's particulars and payment information. You may pay be checking account or credit card (except VISA). Payment information is routed to a secure payment center. Credit card use is assessed a convenience fee of $2.50 by the credit card company. The Town Clerk will mail you the dog license. In order to use the on-line registration option, your dog's rabies information recorded with the Town Clerk must be current.
DOG REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
Did you include...
- Rabies certificate (copies only)?
- Spay / Neuter certificate (copies only)?
- Your phone number?
- Payment to the Town of Groton?
- Self-addressed stamped envelope?