242 Hollis Street
P.O. Box 45 | Groton, MA 01450
The Groton Cemetery was founded in 1847 with eleven acres purchased from Joshua Gilson, as Groton grew and land opportunities became available the cemetery was expanded in 1893 and then in 1938 when thirty-three acres were donated by Antionette Williams. The Williams donation bringing the cemetery's total acreage up to approximately 54 acres. In 1997 the Cemetery Association voted to donate one acre back to the Williams Barn Project to be used as parking.
The Groton Cemetery Association, consisting of twelve Trustees, is now the governing body for the cemetery and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation. The Association has retained Prescott Landscaping of Shirley, MA for total maintenance of the property.
People who wish to purchase a plot or have any questions regarding Groton Cemetery contact Debbie Normandin, Clerk of Deeds, at (978) 602-2610 or Thomas Hartnett, Treasurer and Chairman at (978) 448-5084.
The regular hours of the Groton Cemetery are 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM daily. The Association maintains the right to close the cemetery during severe weather conditions. For additional information you can go to the following link published in 2007 by Sanford Johnson for the Groton Public Library (http://books.gpl.org/GPLDL3/GrotonCemeteryFormA.pdf
For rules pertaining to Groton Cemetery grounds and use please see this PDF